What is Municipal Solid Waste?
More commonly known as trash or garbage, municipal solid waste consists of everyday items such as product packaging, furniture, clothing, bottles, food scraps, newspapers, appliances, bedsprings/mattresses and carpeting.
What is Construction/Demolition Waste?
Includes wood, concrete, drywall, masonry, roofing, siding, metal, wire, insulation, windows, doors, and other building material, including plastics, styrofoam, rocks, and dirt. This waste is typically defined as anything that was once permanentally affixed to a structure. Construction waste does not include hazardous waste, garbage or asbestos.
How long may I keep the container?
Our standard container rental is 7 calendar days. Extra days can be added for a charge.
Can you pick up the container the same day it was dropped off?
Yes, some of our customers do not want the container to sit in front of the house or block the driveway so you may request early morning delivery and same day afternoon pickup. Please make sure your work crews finish loading the dumpster before the scheduled pickup time.
How soon can you deliver containers?
We guarantee delivery within 24 hours after an order is placed. Typically orders for dumpsters placed before 1:00pm can be delivered same-day. However we cannot guarantee same day delivery for orders placed after 1:00pm.
I'm renovating my home; can I dump lumber and other building material into the dumpster?
Yes, you may load the container with wood, drywall, carpeting, concrete, metal, plumbing, etc.
Can I dump oil and chemicals into the container?
No, you may not use the containers to dispose of petroleum-base material or hazardous material. Also, for environmental reasons you may not dump tires or materials that contain asbestos.
What is your Service Area?
H. Hafner and Sons, Inc. is located in Cincinnati, OH. We service the Greater Cincinnati Area, including Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.
Dumpster Contract Guidelines
- CUSTOMER’S Agreement to Pay for Services: The CUSTOMER shall pay to the COMPANY the service charge and adjustments as set forth in this contract. The rate for the proper disposal of the contents of the roll off container is indicated by customer signature on the accompanying invoice. Additional fuel charges may apply, and if so will be noted on said invoice. COMPANY may impose and the CUSTOMER shall pay a late fee of one and one half (1.5%) per month or twenty-four percent (18%) per annum on all past due accounts. COMPANY may terminate this agreement if CUSTOMER fails to pay the service charge or should the credit worthiness of the CUSTOMER not be acceptable to the COMPANY. Advance payment shall be required for CUSTOMERS not having pre-approved credit with our company. No container shall be removed unless payment is secured.
- PICK UP SCHEDULE: The roll-off container shall be picked up when directed to do so by CUSTOMER. The quoted rate include seven (7) days rent free. Beginning the eighth (8th) day, a $15.00 per day rental fee incurs. Containers kept longer than thirty (30) days are subject to finalization without notice with customer responsible for accumulated rental charges. If unable to pick up container due to excessive load size, a portion of the load must be removed by CUSTOMER. If container is overweight, there will be additional charges of $75.00 per ton. Any weight over the stated limit will be billed in full ton increments. If the load exceeds the legal limits of the container or vehicle, customer must remove that weight sufficient to bring the load into legal compliance. If customer refuses to do so, COMPANY reserves the right to dump all or any portion of the load at the job site. CUSTOMER shall be responsible for any and all overweight fines levied by local, state, and/or federal entities.
- EXCLUSIONS: No Hazardous waste, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil/oil filters, contaminated oil (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil, lead paint chips, tires, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM), animals, barrels, all liquids, flammable, toxic, and/or hazardous material, thinners, lacquers, batteries, infectious waste, contaminated soils, fuels, car batteries, food wastes, adhesives or industrial drums, or "Special" waste and industrial waste, as defined by applicable Local, State and Federal laws or regulations. We cannot accept refrigerators, freezer units, and air conditioners. Any of these items found in the container must be removed or we have the right to dump the load at the job site. If such items are in the dumpster and COMPANY is charged at the dump site, CUSTOMER agrees to pay actual charges and fines. CUSTOMER is responsible for contents of container during rental period, and for any charges associated with restricted contents.
- ROLL-OFF CONTAINERS: All roll-off containers furnished by the COMPANY shall remain the property of the COMPANY and customer SHALL not modify or use the containers for any purpose other than in connection with the COMPANYS service. CUSTOMER shall not move, transport or otherwise relocate the container(s) while in the CUSTOMER’S possession. Upon twenty-four (24) hours’ notice, COMPANY shall relocate the container on the premises for a service charge of $75.00. CUSTOMER accepts responsibility and liability for any loss of, or damage to the container(s) while in CUSTOMER’S possession. CUSTOMER shall provide a suitable site for the container(s) and grants the COMPANY the right to access to the container(s) at all reasonable times. Additional charge of $75.00 will apply if: (a) container(s) are unserviceable due to CUSTOMER’S failure to provide access and a return trip is required for pickup, or (b) driver arrives for requested pickup and customer requests dumpster not be taken. Federal, state and local laws govern the transportation and gross vehicle weight of over-the-road vehicles. Construction and Demolition debris and sanitary debris may be loaded to the top edge of the roll off container and not above. Dirt, concrete, brick, block and asphalt materials shall only be loaded to the half mark on the roll off container for these materials. If company is unable to tarp container due to overfill or if unsafe to transport, COMPANY has the right to dump all or part of the load on site.
- CONTAINER PLACEMENT: Unless otherwise quoted, our prices include only one hooking and unhooking of a dumpster. Any requests to place a new dumpster in the exact location of a dumpster scheduled to be removed shall result in a $40.00 “double hook fee.” This action results in a considerable amount of activity on the part of the driver and, at his/her and management’s discretion, this request may be denied. Driver retains the right to deny placement in a requested location based upon safety and/or site considerations
- CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY: COMPANY shall not be liable for any claims for damage to CUSTOMER’S pavement or driveway surface resulting from the roll-off container or COMPANY truck servicing the container. If CUSTOMER requests placement of container on any grass or dirt surface, COMPANY is not liable for any damages to such surfaces by truck or container. CUSTOMER must assure a minimum of 15’ overhead clearance for all power, phone, cable, and other lines. CUSTOMER releases COMPANY, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless COMPANY against all claims, damage to property arising out of CUSTOMER’S use, operation or possession of the roll-off container. COMPANY shall not be liable to CUSTOMER for failure to perform the services due to events beyond its control, including but not limited to strikes, riots, fires floods, and governmental actions, changes in law, weather, traffic, or acts of God. CUSTOMER is responsible for any necessary permits, and agrees to pay any fines or fees associated with obtaining permits, or moving the dumpster in case a permit was not obtained and was required. Move fee is $75.00.
- WEIGHT LIMITS AND VOLUME CAPACITY: The weight limits for each dumpster size are as follows: 10 yard, 6 ton. 20 yard, 12 ton. 30 yard, 12 ton. Any overload will be billed at $75.00 per ton, in any amount over the limit. DUMPSTERS SHALL NOT BE LOADED ABOVE THE TOP EDGE OF CONTAINER. OVERFILLED DUMPSTERS WILL RESULT IN DEAD RUN FEES OF $75.00 AND OTHER OVERAGE CHARGES.
QUOTED RATES: DUMPSTERS CONTAINING MATERIAL OTHER THAN WHAT THE QUOTED RATE ALLOWS WILL BE CHARGED AT THE FULL SANITARY RATE. MATERIAL DEFINITIONS ARE LISTED ON THE REVERSE OF THIS CONTRACT AND MUST BE ACCEPTED BY CUSTOMER PRIOR TO PLACEMENT OF THE CONTAINER.